Desktop Support Engineer
Salary: £25k – £32k per annum
A fantastic new position has come up with Collinson Group for a Desktop Support Engineer, to be based here in the City on a permanent basis in the Network Services team within Collinson Central Services.
- Work with the Service Desk Team in order to provide 1st / 2nd line desktop support services to users and customers of Collinson Group answering requests for support via phone, email, and IT incident reporting system (JIRA)
- To log all requests for support on JIRA
- Ensuring that staff can gain access to systems at all operational times within the quickest time given.
- Support users in the use of computer systems by providing necessary advice
- Follow and create accurate documentation
- Carry out administrative duties and other activities as required by the Service Delivery Manager
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Experience in the support of Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems, a good understanding of Active Directory administration, TCP/IP and Network Topology is required.
- Apple Mac knowledge would be an advantage.
- Ideally will have worked within a company supporting a large number of end users in a Microsoft desktop environment
- Must have a structured and organised approach to tasks utilising company tools to record and track workloads.
- Must be articulate and be able to communicate well with business users, management and users.
- Needs to be flexible, self-motivated, proactive and with a positive attitude
- An basic understanding of IP telephony would be an advantage
- Certifications in ITIL and Microsoft preferred.
- Candidates must be able to travel to the offices in Croydon and Haywards Heath on occasion. Other occasional UK or global travel may be required as well.
Collinson Group is a global leader in shaping and influencing customer behaviours to drive revenue and value for clients. The group offers a unique blend of industry and sector specialists who together provide market-leading experience in delivering products and services across four core capabilities: Loyalty, Lifestyle Benefits, Insurance and Assistance.
The group provides unrivalled insight and expertise around affluent consumers and frequent travelers, creating and delivering products and services that increase engagement, loyalty and value for customers.
We have more than 25 years’ experience, with 28 global locations, servicing over 800 clients in 170 countries, employing 1,500 staff, and managing over 20 million end customers. We have been bringing innovation to the market since inception – from launching the first independent global VIP lounge access Programme, Priority Pass™ to being the first to sell direct travel insurance in the UK through Columbus Direct and creating the first loyalty agency of its kind in the travel sector with ICLP. Today we still invest heavily in innovation to ensure that we continue to deliver superior customer experiences.
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to the Ortolan Group, who are acting as consultants for the hiring company. The Ortolan Group are engaged to review applications and to forward on those that match the requirements of the role.We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible.