IT Applications Project Manager (Finance/Banking)
Salary: £40,000 – £50,000
Location: Manchester (UK Mobile)
Steria is a world-leading technology and outsourcing business, we run a sophisticated mix of Back Office functions for many household names in sectors ranging from Retail to Financial Services along with Utility Companies and Public Sector Organisations. Through improving their clients’ IT and business processes, enable them to do more of what they do best.
With over 19,000 employees and plans for expansion, this is a great time to join the organisation as you will be pivotal to our continued development and growth plans. We’re offering you the opportunity to do more too – using your business skills and knowledge, and your creativity, to add more value than clients would traditionally expect.
Steria is growing quickly and we have increased demand for Project Managers across a number our Public and Private sector accounts. We are currently looking for 2 Senior Project Managers with a proven background delivering mid – large (£1m – £5m) complex financial or banking projects in time and on budget, ideally whilst working for an Outsourcer or Consultancy across a number of clients. These projects will require you to hold SC Clearance so eligibility for this is essential.
This role will require you to travel throughout the UK to Steria offices and our client sites therefore applicants must hold a clean, valid driving licence and be prepared for extensive travel which may include overnight stays.
- 3yrs+ experience working in Financial Services Sector, preferably with Banking or Insurance background.
- Stakeholder management and excellent customer-facing skills are mandatory
- Experience of managing teams of 5+
- Experience of managing hybrid development teams, including onshore, offshore, dedicated staff, seconded staff, client staff & contractors.
- Excellent Stakeholder management skills, with ability to manage stakeholders up to Board level.
- Experience of a full project life cycle, including transition to live service.
- An achievement orientated, target driven individual with experience of driving teams to meet challenging deadlines.
- Ability to command respect and instil confidence.
- Experienced in PNL responsibility – commercially, financially & contractually astute.
- Presentable, confident, articulate, numerate.
- An excellent communicator with outstanding people management skills.
- Prince 2 or recognised PM certification
The successful candidates will be required to obtain security clearance to SC level
On offer is the opportunity to work for a UK top 10 IT Consultancy and Service provider. The role comes with a competitive salary, the opportunity for further development and the potential for a wide and diverse career within Steria.
Steria is committed to establishing and maintaining a working environment which is free from discrimination and which values all employees as individuals. All employees and prospective employees are selected, recruited, trained and promoted solely on the basis of their skills and behaviour.