An exciting job opportunity has arisen for a Project Planner to join Capita Plc (FTSE 100), the UK’s leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. The position is a permanent role and will be based out of our Chippenham, Wiltshire office.
With 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India; Capita manage the services for many Government departments and large Public/Private Sector organisations including their recruitment & HR, IT Services, training, call centres, operations and change management.
Overview of the role:
The purpose of the Project Planner is to work closely with Project/Programme Managers to achieve robust plans that follow best practice, to ensure that appropriate milestones and products/tasks are included as well as identifying and planning for dependencies.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
* Creating and maintaining Programme plans and project plans, working closely with Programme Managers, Project Managers and PMO Managers to ensure that the contents of the plans reflect the necessary deliverables, quality gateways, dependencies, resourcing and timescales, in an IT project environment.
* Pro-actively identifying risks and dependencies through working through and updating programme and project plans
* Supporting and undertaking necessary programme and project reporting on behalf of the PMO Manager
* Providing advice and guidance on the use of MS Project and MS Project Server software
* Creating planning standards where necessary
* Providing advice and guidance on programme and project management methodologies
* Raising potential commercial considerations or risks as on a pro-active basis
* Deputising for the Programme or Project Office Manager as and when required
* Presenting plans and progress at senior level meetings
* Preparing documentation inducing documenting planning standards, progress reporting and template production
* Have either worked as an IT Project Planner or within the total IT project/programme experience, must have relevant planning & reporting experience
* Substantial IT project/programme exposure, including infrastructure, applications development or business transformation
* Through knowledge of what project plans contain
* Programme or Project Office experience including risk and issue management, change control management, programme and project reporting
* Able to present plans and progress at senior (potentially Director) level meetings
* Strong documentation skills e.g. documenting planning standards, progress reporting, and template production
* Expert user of planning tools (MS Project and MS Project Server)
* Knowledge of Programme and Project Management methodologies – Prince2 and MSP
* Experience of working for a Service Provider or Software House
* PRINCE2 Practitioner
* MSP Practitioner P3O accreditation
* Sound Business case and appraisal skills
* Able to pass SC clearance as part of the recruitment process
* High degree of personal motivation
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills at all levels
* Be able to work in a consultative manner
* Proven problem solving and lateral thinking ability
* Able to multitask
* Must be a team player
Apply now to avoid disappointment!
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.