Senior Business Analyst
Location: Bicester (relocation options available)
Working within an established FTSE100 company, Capita ONE is part of the Capita Group, developing software that supports over 120 Local Authorities in England and Wales who require a single view of a child to improve decision making, and enable early intervention and prevention. ONE is a large, widely-used product suite which makes a real difference to the lives of children and families.
This is an opportunity to be a founder member of a newly established dynamic ‘start-up’ team working on a green-field development project in the Social Care sector. The role is a great opportunity for an experienced and senior business analyst to get involved right at the start of a project. The Senior Business Analyst will be able to have significant influence in shaping both the product and our way of working: including approach definition, planning, agile analysis approach, tool selection, standards setting, direct customer engagement, and user experience definition.
The project must deliver a large amount of functionality in support of complex business processes whilst providing a first class user experience and an appropriate level of process flexibility. The resulting solution will be used to inform high-stakes decision making with real consequences for adults, children and families. Consequently, it must also be accurate and comply with many quality and statutory requirements. The Senior Business Analyst will be responsible for researching, identifying, managing, and documenting the requirements of the system in a manner that is aligned to our core objectives: user experience, process flexibility, accuracy, and compliance. They will use their business analysis and software project experiences to define requirements, processes, models, and specifications which make sense as part of an overall solution and can be efficiently implemented by a large agile team.
The role is based in Bicester just north of Oxford, and only 45 minutes by train from London, with the occasional requirement to travel in the UK and abroad. If you’re open to relocating, we can help facilitate this.
If you feel you’re ready for your next challenge, have worked with large off shore development teams, have core skills in line with those below and are interested in working with an entrepreneurial team, please submit your application for consideration.
* Proven problem solving and analysis skills in a software development and/or delivery environment.
* Ability to develop & maintain good relationships with business and systems stakeholders
* Proven negotiation skills working above and below and outside of own role (managers, peers, reports)
* Excellent communication skills and a demonstrable ability to communicate with customers, users, internal and external management at all levels of the business
* Requirements elicitation
* Ability to work within and adapt to analysis frameworks in support of traceable, manageable product development and enhancement
* Workshop facilitation
* Creation and maintenance of a range of analysis artefacts in support of requirements definition at conceptual, logical and physical levels
* Ability to manage own time and that of a distributed team to tight deadlines
* Strong stakeholder awareness with ability to manage expectations
* Self-motivation, passion, positive attitude and adaptable approach are essential
* Ability to learn and quickly get familiar with a complex business and systems environment
* Flexible and approachable team-worker
* Experience of enterprise scale complex software development
* Professional Business Analysis Qualification such as ISEB/CBAP
* Use of User Stories and experience as a Product Owner
* Experience working in an Agile way
* Process and Domain Modeling
* Experience working with mixed on and offshore teams
* Experience of case management systems
* Exposure to the social care or health sectors
* Knowledge and application of Usability heuristics and UX analysis techniques
* Experience performing feasibility analysis and contributing to the development of business cases
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.