Boots UK is a member of Alliance Boots, an international pharmacy-led health and beauty group.
Our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they ever thought possible. We have close to 2,500 stores from local community pharmacies to large destination health and beauty stores.
Enterprise Architect – Healthcare
This is your chance to be part of shaping the future for Boots, the UK’s leading pharmacy-led Health and Beauty retailer. Boots IT offer exciting opportunities to work at the heart of the business, supporting and delivering technology critical to Boots’ performance.
The importance of your role
You will be responsible for defining, developing and communicating the target architecture. You’ll work at enterprise-wide level with stakeholders, identifying where technology can support the business and defining the technology roadmap for Boots.
What will you be doing day to day?
Business engagement and strategy
• Provide an open communication link between the Solution team, IT partners and the wider business to develop quality architecture deliverables and ensure the delivery of fit-for-purpose healthcare solutions
• Overseeing solution designs, providing architectural governance and oversight to ensure consistency and alignment with architecture strategy
• Support the creation of architecture strategies including evaluating technologies and conducting feasibility studies to validate business benefits
• Support development of roadmaps for key business and technical areas, balancing technology opportunities and business demand / requirements
Expertise, guidance and innovation
• Maintain a strong understanding of the Boots IT strategy, commercial frameworks within IT and overall Enterprise Architecture direction and apply this knowledge to recommendations and architecture within individual solutions
• Network externally to gain insights about business and technology solutions in peer organisations and developments in the IT industry to drive both innovation and options
Quality and process
• Ensure design governance within area of responsibility
• Adhere to the Boots Enterprise Architecture method and tools
• Ensuring the architectural body of knowledge is updated as new solutions and associated architecture/design patterns are developed
• Document and maintain associated healthcare business architecture
How will you do it?
• Maintains and communicates’ the organisation’s strategy for managing information, ensuring that uniformly recognised and accepted data definitions are developed and applied throughout the organisation.
• Maintains an in-depth knowledge of specific technical specialism’s, and provides expert advice regarding their application.
• Recognises potential strategic application of IT, and initiates investigation and development of innovative methods of exploiting IT assets, to the benefit of the organisation.
• Co-ordinates the identification and assessment of new and emerging hardware, software and communication technologies, products, methods and techniques. Evaluates the likely relevance of these for the organisation, providing regular briefings to staff and management.
• Adapts influencing style to gain commitment of team and managers to objectives.
What you’ll need to have
• Strong commercial skills
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Strong ability to build relationships and work across IT and Business functions
• Experience influencing senior stakeholders
• Experience in design and development of IT solutions, including messaging, ETL, security, Java, .NET and web-based solutions
• Experience of creating Enterprise Architecture assets, for example using UML
• Experience of working in an out-sourced environment
• In-depth knowledge of technology in area of Business/Technology specialism
• Understanding of healthcare environments
• TOGAF qualification