Salary: Competitive plus benefits
Telecom Plus PLC is a fully integrated multi-utility supplier, providing a range of essential services to residential households and small businesses. Trading as the Utility Warehouse, it supplies utility services (Gas, Electricity, Landline, Broadband and Mobile) to over 500,000 customers throughout the UK. It does not advertise, working instead in partnership with over 40,000 independent Distributors, who gather new customers by personal ‘word-of-mouth’ recommendation.
Telecom Plus received the Company of the Year award at the PLC Awards in 2009 and was named Best Telecommunications PLC at the UK Stock Market Awards in 2011 and 2012. The company has also received endorsements in the national press and consistent praise from Which? the UK’s leading independent consumer organisation.
The PHP developer will be a key player in a team delivering the next generation of web applications for company products and services. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate experience in delivering intuitive web applications built on a solid MVC framework using OO PHP and ORM database abstraction.
You will be responsible for the development and support of multiple web sites which are both internal and customer facing running over multiple platforms.
You will be required to communicate with other departments within the business to analyse and extract their requirements so good communication and documentation skills are essential.
The role is also envisaged to evolve into other areas of responsibility. Ideally you have the ability to bring new skills and processes to the company. The successful candidate will also be expected to contribute towards implementing structure, methodologies, to continually help improve and streamline existing in-house systems and working practices.
To be considered for this role candidates will need minimum 3 years’ commercial experience and must have demonstrable experience, such as portfolio work or links to websites.
Desired Skills and Experience
Essential development experience with most of the following required:
• Minimum of 3 years in building PHP web based applications
• Delivering web applications using MVC frameworks (ideally Symfony1.4 and/or Symfony2)
• Excellent OOP skills
• Experience in using a major RDBMS (ideally MS SQL and MySQL) including using ORM (ideally Doctrine)
• Used or have a good knowledge of CMS frameworks e.g. Drupal, WordPress, Symfony2 CMF
• Unit and functional testing
• Source control (SVN/GIT)
Optional but highly desirable:
• Cross browser, platform and device experience and following W3C standards
• Building web services, SOAP, XML, JSON
• Understanding and building of intuitive and visually stimulating web UI
• Experience in using IDE’s like Eclipse, netBeans, PHP Storm
• Experience of working in an Agile environment
• Apache (LAMP) administration
So if you think this could be you, and you wish to be considered for this superb opportunity; click apply today. Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.