An exciting job opportunity has arisen for a Desktop Support Engineer (2nd Line) to join Capita Plc (FTSE 100 listed) on a permanent basis in Southwark, London. The Capita Secure Managed Services business is part of one of the fastest growing divisions
within Capita Plc. With a team of more than 1,000 employees working across the UK, we have exciting and bold growth plans that you will want to be a part of.
We deliver some of the most secure, robust and resilient outsourced ICT services
today, whilst also reducing cost for our customers. Our role is to manage and protect mission critical data and systems for UK Government.
Purpose of the job:
The purpose of the Desktop Support Engineer role is to provide day-to-day
installation and support for desktop IT services to our customer. You will be working as part of a large team of support technicians undertaking remote fault diagnosis and rectification. The role includes providing desk-side fixes and may also include
some service desk and first line support duties.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing desktop support to all users
- Supporting all software/hardware installations, moves and changes
- Communicating with end users, third parties and internal support teams
- Carrying out thorough incident investigation
- Updating documentation, knowledge base and service management system
You be working
on a 37.5 hour per week contract on a shift rota basis. The team work shifts starting as early as 8am and finishing as late as 8pm. Essential skills: – Good experience of providing desktop support to a 2nd line level
- Worked in a customer
service/help desk environment
- Microsoft Office 2003/2010
- Windows 2000/XP/Windows 7 experience
- Happy to under go and pass SC clearance Desired skills: – Citrix Desktop Client Support
- Blackberries/I Pad Support
- ITIL Foundation Certificate or ITIL experience
- MCP or equivalent experience Personal attributes: – Excellent communications skills and able to produce good written documentation
- Deadline focused
- Ability to
manage a diverse workload and to be able to deal with a variety of user queries
- Ability to deal with differing levels of IT awareness, from within their own team and the user base
- Must be able to work in a fast paced high pressure customer
- Good team worker
- Strong customer service skills Apply now to avoid disappointment! Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome
applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment
Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.