Senior Business Analyst – Finance
Capita SIMS is part of the Capita Group, a FTSE100 company. SIMS develops and markets MIS software for Schools in the UK and abroad.
The role is based in Bedford, but there may be an occasional requirement to travel. The SIMS Solutions department covers Development, Product Management and Partners. We have approx. 150 staff including 30 offshore split between Product, Project Management, Development, Test and Business Analysis.
We are looking for a Senior Business Analyst to join the Solutions team on a contract basis.
The Business Analysis role is responsible for eliciting requirements from our customers and documenting these in a way which facilitates the development and testing of software to support our customers’ key processes.
Purpose of role:
The Business Analyst role is a key role in ensuring the software SIMS deliver is fit for purpose and supports our customers’ processes now and in future. Business Analysts have a thorough understanding of our customers, the challenges they face and how our software can support them in overcoming these gained through rigorous analysis, process modelling and direct engagement. They champion and defend the business requirements and ensure these are met by the solutions proposed by the delivery teams. Working with the end user in mind business analysts provide leadership and guidance by:
- Eliciting, decomposing, documenting and communicating unambiguous, solution agnostic business requirements through the application of a range of analysis techniques
- Engaging directly with a range of stakeholders including customers, Product Managers, Senior Managers and government bodies
- Assisting Product Managers in the development of business cases and feasibility studies
- Integrating with Agile project teams as Product Owner and representing the business perspective within the team
- Writing and prioritising the user story/requirements on the project backlog
- Reviewing and signing off user stories for completeness
- Assisting the Service desk by triaging and providing advice on the resolution of customer reported issues
- Assisting with the production of product documentation
- Experience in delivering business analyst specifically within a Finance &/or Accountancy Software environment.
- Experience as a Business Analyst
- Proven problem solving and analysis skills in a software development and/or delivery environment.
- Proven negotiation skills working above and below and outside of own role (managers, peers, reports)
- Excellent communication skills and a demonstrable ability to communicate with customers, users, internal and external management at all levels of the business
- Requirements elicitation
- Workshop facilitation
- Creation and maintenance of a range of analysis artefacts in support of requirements definition
- Ability to manage own time to tight deadlines
- Educated to Degree Level in an IT, Accounting or related discipline
- Extensive experience of UML (Logic and Implementation View Models)
- Ability to develop high-level models of business architecture
- Professional Business Analysis Qualification such as ISEB/CBAP
- Use of User Stories and experience as a Product Owner
- Experience working with mixed on and offshore teams
- Experience of education management systems or exposure to the education sector
- Experience using Microsoft TFS for recording requirements
If you feel you may be suitable please apply on the link below. Please be aware you must work through a Ltd Company or an Umbrella organisation.
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.