Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne
Salary: £25,000 – £30,000
The Capita Group Plc is the UK's leading business process outsourcing company. Our goal is simple – to help our diverse customer base of public and private sector clients improve service to their customers. At Capita Group we aim to attract, develop and retain talented people. As an employer we seek to ensure we invest in you for the long term. We've created an environment which empowers individuals and rewards performance as well as focusing on a healthy work life balance.
The role is accountable for the installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of all the desktop systems including operating systems, applications and hardware. The role will analyse and resolve 1st and 2nd level problems, IP Telephony and resident in-house and third-party vendor software. The role will maintain the desktop security through virus definition updates, spyware protection, etc, manage any escalations to the main IT helpdesk and support local end-users on all IT related issues. The team is the secondary point of contact for all desktop related incidents logged through the Service Desk. Technicians will deliver exceptional customer service, liaising between users, IT Operational teams and third parties to deliver desktop support within the local and regional desktop environments The team provide support across the country with key locations being in the South, London and the Midlands. The team is managed from Basingstoke with visits to local and regional offices as necessary. The primary objective of the team is to ensure minimum disruption to the Client Desktop environment as a result of any technical issue; return to normal service is priority. PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITES
- IT Operations: Is responsible for monitoring critical operations tasks /data feeds and for providing all levels of support for the desktop and laptop community and works with the Help Desk and Infrastructure staff as appropriate to determine and resolve problems.
- Hardware and Firmware Management: Installation, configuration, management and troubleshooting, monitor system health, analyse performance, support disaster recovery planning and exercise, and warranty repair coordination.
- Deployments and Installations: Build installation packages, develop and execute software package deployment strategies.
- System Security: System security auditing, anti-virus management and enforcement of system access policies.
- IT Documentation: All documentation is kept up to date and current.
- Applications: Work with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software.
- Active Directory user and client devices administration tasks
- Any other duties deemed required as part of the day to day role and project work.
Essential skills and experience
- Proven track record as a hands on Desktop Engineer
- Thorough knowledge of Windows desktop operating systems up to 7, PC hardware and configuration including related peripherals.
- Thorough knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point, Active Directory, LANDesk, Exchange, IIS Web services and related web environment.
- Knowledge of Citrix Xen Server, Xen App, Xen Desktop, or other related environments.
- Knowledge of mobile devices including iPads, iPhones, Android, Blackberry, and Blackberry Enterprise Server.
- Proven working knowledge of Incident Management tools
- Full Driving License
Desirable skills and experience
- MCP/MCDST/ITIL/Citrix certifications would be desirable.
The principal attributes are of a Customer Focused nature who is good at problem solving within a security conscious organisation. The individual should maintain a consistent emphasis on Customer Service and Security even during periods of stress and pressure. Technical literacy is essential with specialist knowledge within desktop support being a pre-requisite. Initiative, good communication skills and the ability to deal with all levels of the organisation are considered of equal importance. Similarly, a smart and presentable image is essential. The individual should deliver premium customer service and the ability to bring forward ideas to improve levels of service is an advantage.
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.