PMO Manager – Capita Plc
An exciting job opportunity has arisen for a PMO Manager to join Capita Plc, the UK’s leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. You will be based in our offices in Weybridge, Surrey.
With 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India; Capita manage the services for many Government departments and large Public/Private Sector organisations including their recruitment & HR, IT Services, training, call centres, operations and change management.
The purpose of the Principal PMO Manager is to manage the planning and delivery processes on behalf of the Programme Manager by collecting and maintaining data in a consistent form, and giving advice and guidance as necessary. The Principal PMO Manager will be responsible for the management of the PMO functions and resources, and potentially subordinate programme offices, within an individual assignment.
- Recognises the interface between the ‘project world’ and the ‘business as usual world’ and helps manage the contention. Recognises barriers to success and tackles them. Promotes the change programme vision to staff at all levels of the business operation.
- Uses analytical and communication skills, to bring order to complex situations, and maintain a focus on business objectives.
- Works with senior people responsible for the line business operation, to ensure maximum improvements are made in the business operations as groups of projects deliver their products into operational use.
- Works with those delivering the IT service (including suppliers where appropriate) to ensure the service is delivered cost effectively.
- Leads the development of the portfolio roadmap and ongoing portfolio management activity.
- Plans and coordinates a portfolio of programmes and portfolio management activities to ensure the effective implementation of interrelated programmes/projects from business case initiation to final operational stage.
- Plans, schedules, monitors and reports on activities related to the portfolio.
- Analyses and determines business requirements and translates requirements into operational plans.
- Determines, monitors and reviews all programme and inter-programme economics to ensures that the portfolio is managed to realise business benefits and that portfolio management is informed by an awareness of current technical developments.
- Provides general and specific advice and authorises the issue of formal reports to management on the effectiveness and efficiency of control mechanisms.
- Monitors the standards for the project / programme delivery lifecycle, including pre-approval of business cases.
- Notifies projects/programmes of exceptions when they are unsafe and reports to senior management for corrective action.
- Identifies issues with project/programme structure, resourcing, risks, funding and dependencies.
- Good PMO Coordination and PMO management experience
- PRINCE2 Foundation or Practictioner, or equilivant experience.
- Demonstrates a strong awareness of appropriate uses of IT within the industry of specialisation and specifically within competitive or associated organisations operating in the same market.
- Knows own organisation’s policy framework, management structures and reporting procedures, and can see the “big picture”.
- Sound understanding of the costs of IT (project and “lifetime”) and the ability to cost operational IT services.
- Skilled at identifying benefits which come in the form of cost savings both within IT and in the business, in relation to the operational cost of the IT service
- Familiar with the project development life-cycle and typical issues associated with the implementation of IT projects.
- Proficient in Ms Office and project planning and control techniques as well as project management tools such as MS Project, Open Workbench, etc.
- Experience in progress reporting and presentation techniques
- Good knowledge/awareness of IT infrastructure.
- Experience in project and programme management as well as project risk management and quality management.
- Expert in business analysis techniques and business process techniques.
- Business analysis experience.
- Worked on high profile complex transition projects.
- Ability to prepare key project documentation such as RAID logs
- Mature leadership skills, and a good knowledge of business analysis
- Highly experienced in communicating with clients at all levels, singly and in groups
- Strong planning, communication and presentation skills, is proficient in project and programme management.
Apply now to avoid disappointment!
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.