Locations: London OR Beckenham OR Leeds
£Competitive+ Benefits include, Childcare Vouchers, Share Ownership Plan, Share Save Scheme, Eye care.
The Capita Group Plc is the UK’s leading business process outsourcing company. Our goal is simple – to help our huge range of public and private sector clients improve service to their customers.
The PMO Manager is responsible for building processes and tools that enable project delivery across CAS IT. As a PM CoE lead, they are responsible for the set up of the CoE by establishing governance, developing a central source of standardised tools, methods, processes, expertise and best practices and optimising the utilisation and deployment of PMO resources.
- Setting up and managing the Project Management CoE
- Define and drive utilisation and adherence of the CAS IT project management methodology (including standards for reporting)
- Define and govern execution of a divisional wide investment management process
- Create and maintain MI for the consolidated CAS IT project portfolio across all LoBs
- Define the CAS IT Project Management Methodology including standard documentation, procedures (e.g. reporting process) and tools and get a sign-off from LT
- Define and sign-off a divisional wide investment management process, including standard documentation and procedures; work with Portfolio Delivery Managers and BRMs to ensure the investment management process is being executed
- Ensure appropriate mechanisms are in place to coach and train PMs in the use of the CAS IT Project Management Methodology
- Support the IT PMs and the BRMs in creating and managing project files, managing communications, setting project standards, and reviewing projects to ensure adherence to defined standards; provide closer support and oversight for strategic projects and/or high risk projects
- Ensure quality in project delivery through agreement of quality gates with the project manager and monitoring of quality gate completion
- Ensure project status reports from IT PMs across all CAS IT projects are produced in a timely fashion and with the appropriate levels of quality
- Ensure consolidated CAS IT Project Portfolio MI is being produced and value insights are being provided to the CAS IT LT team
- Assist with the identification of project dependencies, resource constraints, milestones, issues and risks; allocate PMO analysts to support specific projects/ programmes as needed
- Deep technical understanding of project management tools and processes
- Good knowledge of CAS business
- Strong knowledge of SDLC methodologies (e.g. Agile / Waterfall) and good practice
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to handle difficult or sensitive situations
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Excellent team management skills
- Strong analysis and decision-making skills with keen attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively and in partnership with other CAS IT functions
To apply for the PMO Managerrole please press the apply button and follow the link.
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.