As a Senior Java Software Engineer you will play a pivotal role in the design, development, testing and implementation of a number of projects at different stages.
Role and Responsibilities
* Coordinate with Product Development and Product Management
* Design, write and test new software programmes
* Analyse and correct software defects to maintain the system
* Produce detailed specifications and program codes
* Design, develop and maintain 3rd party integration applications
* Support iParadigms product specialists with customer queries
You should have
* Graduate in BSc Computer Science / Engineering or programming degree
* Web / software industry experience
* Java, JUnit, ANT/MAVEN SPRING, MVC, SOAP
* Worked with database driven applications
* Able to create specific crawling applications to load partner content
* Onboarding and configuring new crawlers for new partners
* Linux/command line/shell
* MA Computer Science
* Blackboard, Moodle
* Canvas, eCollege, WriteSmart, Cengage
* Developing application APIs
* PostgreSQL, MySQL and Oracle databases
* Protocols i.e. FTP
* Appropriate scripting languages; pearl, python, shell scripts, etc
This position may give you the opportunity to travel to US to meet with some of US key team players for strategic development.
You will be based in the City Centre of Newcastle Upon Tyne with in one the most renowned high tech office developments with communal hub environment running adjacent to other high tech companies.
Typical working hours are Monday to Friday 9:30am to 6:00pm. There is flexibility with working hours to allow to get that work life balance that fits with you.
To discuss this JAVA or other impressive JAVA and PHP positions please send an up to date copy of your CV to [Click Here to Email Your CV] or call Ross Sanderson on 0191 230 1883 in complete confidence.
Nigel Frank International is the leading Dynamics recruitment firm in the UK, advertising more Dynamic jobs than any other agency. Specialising solely in placing candidates in the market I have built relationships with key employers in the UK and have an unrivalled understanding of where the best opportunities and jobs are.