Do you dream of utilising your technical desktop support skills within a large organisation, using cutting edge techology, with extensive customer contact with people who appreciate the help you can give them? Then we have the IT Support role you seek!
- Provide technical support to users of Desktop IT services. To ensure that support is provided in a responsive and customer focused manner with minimal disruption to users and maximum benefit.
- Perform installations, upgrades and replacements of hardware and software as identified in IT investment plans in a manner designed to minimise disruption and system downtime.
- Work closely with the IT Support Desk service, providing regular updates as required
- To advise the Senior Engineer or Service Desk if you will be unable to meet the targets on any assigned calls
- To provide the technical support, and undertake the necessary work required, to implement and deliver the work on target.
- Co-ordinate work with IT maintenance contractors, arranging call-outs and monitoring performance.
- To commission, test, deliver and install new IT equipment throughout the client organisations including re-locating existing equipment and/or data where identified.
- Assist in the selection, evaluation, purchase, installation and maintenance of IT products.
- Maintain and develop the IT support Service Desk service, providing regular reports to the Management Team.
- Excellent technical knowledge of MS operating systems and applications
- Excellent technical knowledge desktop PC and peripheral hardware
- Excellent technical knowledge of setup configuration and support of audio visual equipment and video conferencing installations
- Demonstrable experience supporting desktop PCs, laptops and peripherals
- Experience of supporting audio visual and video conferencing installations
- Full Driving licence
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.