As an Application Support Analyst – you will be providing second line support for applications (based on Java) to the business by taking appropriate action to ensure all applications are running to our service level agreements (SLA), minimising outages to production systems and producing root cause analysis and developing appropriate process or code changes where required.
The key application will be the strategic Claims platform for LV= based on the market leading CLAIM_CENTER product.
Reporting on incidents, detailing trends and validating production criteria are also key to this role.
You will contribute to the improvement and development of the applications currently supported by the team, as well as to the improvements of the processes and procedures followed by the team. You will liaise and work closely with other technical teams and manage business expectations when necessary using your effective communication and influencing skills.
When it comes to knowledge of IT Application Support you are a natural, with excellent analysis, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills. You’ll have and in-depth knowledge of support practices and models, which will enable you to suggest the best solutions to improve the service delivery, working closely with other support teams to resolve incidents. It would be great, if you had an awareness of varying development life cycles, version change and change control. Ideally, you’ll have experience of working within the Insurance Services environment and are able to demonstrate an understanding of the impact Industry Standards has on LV= and its systems. You understand business drivers and look at the wider picture to offer alternatives when necessary to avoid any re-occurrence.
We would want you to be able to deal with a wide range of people at all levels including technical specialists, Project Managers, suppliers and senior managers across the LV= Group as well as mentoring more junior members of the team.
Ideally you will be able to demonstrate the following technical skills
- Previous experience in an IT support and/or development role
- Experienced in Java.
- Experience in SQL and PL/SQL writing.
- Detailed analysis of production incidents across a number of platforms.
- Produce documentation regarding incidents and maintain the application support knowledge database.
You will need to:
- provide Second line support for a LV Business Unit through timely resolution of service requests, incidents and provide 3rd line support when appropriate.
- work with problem management processes to eradicate recurring issues at the application layer.
- contribute to the migration of existing BU applications into the Group as applicable in partnership with Service Transition, applying pre-defined standards and minimising BAU operational issues.
- maintain and report on incident, problem and key trending as required by Management.
- provide a comprehensive, regular review of documentation to ensure maintainability of applications and compliance to applicable industry standards.
- contribute to the progression of the Application Support team towards a long term strategic vision. Progressing towards the achievement of Group IT and Industry standards.
About the rewards
We want you to love what you do. That’s why we’ve put together a benefits package that recognises and rewards a job well done. We’ll give you a competitive pension, an annual bonus scheme, 30 days’ holiday (with the option to buy and sell days every year) private medical insurance as well as a flexible benefits package. There’s also the option of 25% off our general insurance products, including home and car and discounted Life products.
LV= is the UK’s largest friendly society. Today, we have more than four million customers, of which over one million are members. We’ve also created a great place to work enabling over 5,500 employees across the UK to provide a first-class service for our customers. Whilst we all work very hard, we have a culture that’s relaxed and down-to-earth, positive, purposeful and professional. It’s by no means revolutionary but it is the truth, as our people will happily and proudly testify. Here at LV= we have some really exciting new projects, technologies and initiatives to get stuck into. As any other fast developing business, we have an agile IT support function and that’s where you come into things.