Our vision is to make Lloyds Banking Group the best bank for customers. As the UK’s largest retail and commercial bank, we have a footprint that touches nearly every community and household in the UK. That gives us a big responsibility to support the UK economy, and to put customers at the heart of everything we do. To achieve this, we also need to be the best bank for our colleagues and our communities – and we have a clear strategy in place to make this a reality. We are building on our many strengths: iconic brands, strong heritages and great people. To unlock the great potential in our business, we are becoming more efficient, more transparent, and more responsive to customers. Already the UK’s largest community investor, we are giving even more back. Above all, we are putting customers first.
Digital Banking’s vision is to be a pioneer in digital relationship banking recognised as the best in Europe in the way digital technologies are used to service our customers across Channels – Internet, SMS and mobile.
Following internal promotion, our Digital Banking Subject Matter Expert team are expanding and currently seek an experienced C Developer/Senior Software Engineer to act as a Technical SME.
Our team are responsible for the delivery of a portfolio of enhancements and changes to a key component of the Digital Banking Architecture, providing development capability along with the provision of expert domain knowledge and support to our offshore development partners and other key stakeholders.
Your focus will be to share with our dedicated team & Offshore Developers, your expertise of C, relational databases (ideally DB2) and cryptographic technologies such as OpenSSL and/or CCA.
You’ll also have excellent SQL knowledge and be proficient in UNIX scripting in ksh/bash and perl. Linux experience is also highly desirable.
This is not a pure developer role, we feel this role would best suit those with a deep technical knowledge who can advise, consult and improve how we deliver future service improvements.
The ideal candidate for this role will be/have:
* Excellent knowledge of C and development of multi threading applications.
* Highly proficient in UNIX and scripting in ksh/bash and perl
* Excellent knowledge of SQL.
* Good knowledge of relational databases – particularly DB2.
* Good knowledge of cryptographic technologies with a practical knowledge of OpenSSL and/or CCA
* Linux experience
* Able to work collaboratively with others inside / outside of their immediate team
* A track record of delivery and looking for ways to do things better
* An excellent understanding of how to successfully implement change.
* Comfortable sharing knowledge and mentoring others
* Exposure to configuration management tools – particularly ClearCase
* Appreciation or working experience of Agile development practices such as Scrum and TDD / BDD.
* Exposure to platform-level development – services, APIs, large codebases: Web Services, SOAP, REST, API design, enterprise integration patterns, messaging technologies (JMS, MQ)
* Production system experience – understands the impact of software and system design decisions on manageability, supportability, troubleshooting
In return, we’ll recognise and reward your performance. As well as an award-winning benefits package, you’ll also have our full support, training and opportunities for personal and professional development.