We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world’s businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world’s most trusted news organization.
Business Unit: Legal UKI
Our Legal organisation focuses on connecting our customers’ businesses to the ever-changing legal and regulatory environment. We provide critical online and print information, decision support tools, software and services to lawyers who practice in law firms, in corporate legal departments and in the public sector. We are a growing business in the UK, especially since the acquisition of Practical Law Company in March 2013 and we are very excited about the next stage in our growth and how you can play a part in it.
Position Title: Business Analyst
Position Type: Permanent
Role Purpose/ Summary:
To act as a conduit from the IT team to the rest of the business, to identify business needs, and to coordinate and manage change across the whole business.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
* To develop a sound knowledge of the business and the effect of the requested changes
* To liaise with business managers and employees to understand and document business requirements across affected business areas
* Contribute to and support research, requirement gathering and validation activities directly with customers, including usability and acceptance testing
* To understand, document and prioritise business requirements across affected business areas
* To work with business owners to develop optimal solutions
* To develop complete and accurate business models including process, data and organisation
* Work with project manager/s to plan analysis work and highlight risks and issues
* Work with the business owners to define acceptance criteria
* Assist in developing best practice in the execution of requirements, design and usability
* Create project initiation documents defining high-level scope.
1. Likely to have extensive experience in a business analyst role in a professional service environment
2. Use of modelling tools, requirements management software, wire-framing tools and basic photoshop-type skills
3. Experience of operation with Agile / DSDM project methodology
4. Basic MS Project, Excel and PowerPoint skills
1. Able to build effective working relationships with key stakeholders up to senior management level
2. Ability to bridge the gap between the business and technology
3. Good written and oral communications skills able to converse with all levels of the organisation
4. Able to work with project management team to achieve positive results
5. Good presentation skills
6. Detailed knowledge of online services and content centres
1. Able to work with little direct supervision
2. Able to work effectively in a team environment where team members may not be co-located
3. Self motivated and pro-active
4. Good analytical and process improvement / business transformation skills
5. Able to identify and manage business risks and issues
6. Understands expectations that were set with business and recognises when issues / events may affect delivery.
Education/ Certifications Required:
1. Legal qualification or demonstrable knowledge of the Legal market
2. Graduate calibre.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance – and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To find out more and apply for this role please click the APPLY button.