Job Title: Embedded Systems Engineer
Salary: £30,000 dependent on experience
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an Embedded Systems Engineer to join an organisation located on the outskirts of Southampton.
Due to a recent major reorganisation the company is expanding its standard product division and needs to take on a new Engineer to continue development of its WiFi based products. This position is ideally suited for someone who has been in industry for a few years and looking to advance their career.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager the Embedded Systems Engineer will be a key member of the development team. This is primarily a software/firmware role but with knowledge of embedded microprocessor hardware and architecture being desirable.
In time, the ideal candidate will be expected to develop into a Senior Engineering role.
- Development of Embedded software/firmware in ‘C’ and ‘C ’ using modern tools.
- Knowledge of Embedded and real time software and debugging techniques.
- Knowledge of structured and Object Orientated programming.
- Development of Graphical User Interfaces
- Knowledge of ARM based microcontrollers and microprocessors.
- Embedded Linux.
- Digital and Analogue electronic design.
- Communication protocols e.g. TCP/IP, RS232, USB, SPI, I2C
- Assembler, C#, Visual Basic, Java, SQL & ASP.NET Languages.
They offer an opportunity to:
- Develop into a management role
- A personal training and development plan
- Join the company pension scheme
- Visit the Hong Kong operation
- Access to company gym
- £30,000 depending on experience
To apply please send your covering letter and CV to by clicking on the APPLY Now link.
(Keywords: Software Engineer, Linux Software Engineer, Windows CE Software Engineer, Embedded Programmer, Embedded Software Developer, Senior Embedded Software Engineer, Assembler, C, C , Senior Software Engineer, C Software Engineer, C Software Engineer, Senior Software Developer, Electronics Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Microcontrollers)