Oracle DBA required for the Normanton Office of this leading electrical wholesaler, offering an excellent salary and benefits package (including healthcare and 25 days holiday per annum as a starting rate).
As a firm supporter of continuing professional development, excellent career progression prospects are also available for candidates that demonstrate hard work and determination to succeed.
The Role of an Oracle DBA:
- Designing, developing, installing, implementing and integrating relational databases.
- Creating and implementing programming scripts and procedures to maintain consistent and accurate data during transfer, storage and retrieval.
- Creating technical and non-technical documentation.
- Monitoring database system availability and overall functionality, and optimising database performance.
- Installing, implementing, testing and maintaining relational database software, including patches, updates, upgrades and related hardware.
- Implementing and maintaining database backup and disaster recovery procedures.
- Participating as a team member on database design and development projects.
The Ideal Oracle DBA:
As an ideal candidate you will have proven experience of installing, configuring, maintaining and patching the Oracle Database software. You will recommend system improvements, and train other members of the team.
This role will be a key position within the IT Department. To be successful you will therefore need to be a self-motivated individual with a strong desire to succeed.
Other Essential Skills:
- Database Design.
- Analysing Data.
- Oracle Certified Database Administrator.
- Database Replication.
- PL SQL.
- Oracle 11g +.
- Java Application Development.
- Database Driven Websites.
- RMAN Backups.
About Yesss Electrical:
With over 50 years’ experience in the electrical wholesale industry, Yesss Electrical is an energetic organisation that is part of a very successful European business. With a network of over 400 trading branches across continental Europe, and 80+ branches currently open in the UK (with a plan to have 300 open in the next 10 years), there has never been a better time to get on board.