IT & Senior IT Applications Project Manager (Finance/Banking)
Salary: £55 To £80K
Location: Manchester (UK Mobile)
Steria delivers IT enabled business services and is the Trusted Transformation Partner for private and public sector organisations across the globe. By combining in depth understanding of our clients’ businesses with expertise in IT and business process outsourcing, we take on our clients’ challenges and develop innovative solutions to address them efficiently and profitably. Through our highly collaborative consulting style, we work with our clients to transform their business, enabling them to focus on what they do best. Our 19,000 people, working across 16 countries, support the systems, services and processes that make today’s world turn, touching the lives of millions around the globe each day. Founded in 1969, Steria has offices in Europe, India, North Africa and SE Asia and 2012 revenue of €1.83 billion. Over 20%(*) of Steria’s capital are owned by its employees. Headquartered in Paris, Steria is listed on the Euronext Paris market.
(*): including SET Trust and XEBT Trust (4.15% of capital)
Steria is expanding rapidly and have an increased demand for Project and Senior Project Managers, experienced in Applications Development across a number our Public and Private sector accounts. We are currently looking for Application Project Managers with a proven background delivering large (£5m – £20m) complex financial or banking projects in time and on budget; ideally whilst working for an Outsourcer or Consultancy across a number of clients. Please note, it is essential that you are SC Cleared or eligible for this role
With an initial focus on the Manchester area, you will be required to travel throughout the UK to other Steria offices and client sites. A clean, valid driving licence is required.
- Proven Applications Development Project Management experience
- Extensive experience working in Financial Services Sector, preferably with Banking or Insurance background.
- Stakeholder management and excellent customer-facing skills are mandatory
- Experience of managing teams of 10+.
- Experience of managing hybrid development teams, including onshore, offshore, dedicated staff, seconded staff, client staff & contractors.
- Excellent Stakeholder management skills, with ability to manage stakeholders up to Board level.
- Experience of a full project life cycle, including transition to live service.
- An achievement orientated, target driven individual with experience of driving teams to meet challenging deadlines.
- Ability to command respect and instil confidence.
- Experienced in PNL responsibility – commercially, financially & contractually astute.
- Presentable, confident, articulate, numerate.
- An excellent communicator with outstanding people management skills.
- Prince 2 or recognised PM certification
The successful candidates will be required to obtain security clearance to SC level
The successful candidates will be required to obtain UK security clearance.
On offer is the opportunity to work for a UK top 10 IT Consultancy and Service provider. The role comes with a competitive salary, the opportunity for further development and the potential for a wide and diverse career within Steria. Steria is committed to establishing and maintaining a working environment which is free from discrimination and which values all employees as individuals. All employees and prospective employees are selected, recruited, trained and promoted solely on the basis of their skills and behaviour.