Job title: Information Security Consultant – Operational Assurance
Salary: £Competitive + excellent benefits
Job reference: CIO000716
LV= is the UK’s largest friendly society. Today, we have more than four million customers, of which over one million are members. We’ve also created a great place to work enabling over 5,500 employees across the UK to provide a first-class service for our customers. Whilst we all work very hard, we have a culture that’s relaxed and down-to-earth, positive, purposeful and professional. Where everyone looks out for each other and you will be treated like an individual. It’s by no means revolutionary but it is the truth, as our people will happily and proudly testify. Here at LV= we have some really exciting new projects, technologies and initiatives to get stuck into. As any other fast developing business, we have an agile IT support function and that’s where you come into things.
Once you have joined our Information Security team, you will be involved in the operational security of our General Insurance, Life & CIO business. You will work as part of an experienced team, who will guide and support you whilst you are getting to grips with the role, to help you drive operational delivery and continuous improvements of the Information Security posture of LV=. You will monitor operational software and systems and will report any incidents, as well as offer technical guidance and support on Information Security issues. Occasionally, you may be involved in project work. Key to success in this role is the effective stakeholder management, clear communication, effective problem solving and great planning.
When it comes to information security, you’re a natural and have the knowledge and experience to be pragmatic, dynamic and have a calm, but professional demeanour. You’re able to understand the business requirements and translate them into sensible and robust security controls. The ability to understand business drivers and offer the alternatives when necessary through both excellent verbal and written communication is invaluable along with collaboration and influencing on a regular basis. Having proven experience of these will be necessary along with being able to work across all levels of technical, senior and audit departments.
You’ll also be able to demonstrate an understanding of the impact Industry Standards has on LV= and its systems with experience of using the following technologies:
- Symantec Data Loss Prevention – Perimeter and endpoint monitoring, administration and continuous improvement aligned with business risk appetite
- Identity and Access Management – Provisioning, Access Control, Federation, Collaboration
- Threat and Vulnerability Management – Vulnerability Management, Penetration Test Management, Secure Code Management, ASV scanning
- Application Security – Security risk assessments, Integration, Portal delivery
- Infrastructure Security – IDS, Firewall Management, Secure File Transfer
- Security Incident Management/Handling -Information security incident management of events which may compromise the confidentiality, integrity or availability of information
- Endpoint Protection – Anti-Virus/Malware, Removable Media Management, Encryption)
- SDLC Knowledge – applications are specified, designed, built and deployed securely
- Business Continuity Enablement – Disaster Recovery, Backup security, Resilience
- Good understanding of external technical developments in IT and Cyber security
- Knowledge of regulatory controls (FCA, ICO, ISO)
- Experience in identifying, tracking and recording IS technology risks
About the rewards
We want you to love what you do. That’s why we’ve put together a benefits package that recognises and rewards a job well done. We’ll give you a competitive pension, an annual bonus scheme, 30 days’ holiday (with the option to buy and sell days every year) private medical insurance as well as a flexible benefits package. There’s also the option of 25% off our general insurance products, including home and car.
Then head to our careers pages for more information and to apply online.