The company is organised into the following business units:
Nuclear Generation operates eight nuclear power stations in the UK with a combined capacity of over 9 million kilowatts – electricity that is vital to the UK economy.
Nuclear New Build is tasked with the delivery of the new generation of nuclear plants in line with EDF’s global programme of producing safe, affordable, reliable, low-carbon electricity in the UK.
Energy Sourcing and Customer Supply runs power stations and wind farms, buys and sells power to meet future generation and customer needs and deals with all our energy customers.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Business Analyst to work within our Nuclear New Build Department. You will undertake a key role within IT projects. You will need to possess the experience and skills to influence and broker solutions with senior stakeholders, including 3rd party delivery partners.
Business Analysts will develop Project Mandates and lead the initial phase of projects working closely with NNB Architects and 3rd party delivery partners to identify potential solutions to business problems and opportunities. As part of this phase you will be responsbile for structuring and plan the work, manage its execution and lead presentation of proposals to project boards.
Towards the end of this phase you will work with the NNB IS Delivery team to plan the next phase of the project in detail based on the agreed scope. Through the project lifecycle you will oversee the activities of 3rd party Business Analysts, quality assuring relevant deliverables.
Our ideal candidate will be:
- Graduate or equivalent business career, with extensive business analysis experience.
- Strong proven strategic investigative and analytical skills using a variety of analysis techniques.
- Experience of developing business cases for large complex business change programmes, including financial and numerical modelling and appraisal skills.
- In depth knowledge of business process analysis and design techniques, including the use of modelling and collaborative tools.
- Extensive knowledge of standard methods and technique, with the ability to select the appropriate approach for a particular assignment.
- Demonstrates excellent communication, presentation and written skills, with relevant experience of dealing with senior executives, business managers and third parties at a strategic level.
- Experience of formal project management techniques, such as Prince2 (EDF Energy Project Way), plus associated tools and processes, including planning and estimating.
- Strong workshop facilitation and interview skills, including negotiation, influence, mediation and conflict management skills.
- Experience of RFI and ITT activities, including the creation and use of an evaluation score card.
- Leadership and decision making capability.
- ISEB Diploma in Business Analysis, IIBA or equivalent qualification required.