Senior Systems Engineer
This is a vacancy in the IT Systems Management team. This role will involve the candidate to be highly technical and experienced in the use of IBM systems management tools to deliver the following:
- Availability monitoring of infrastructure components.
- Application and custom monitoring.
- Event alerting and capacity management.
- Business services monitoring.
- End user experience monitoring.
- Automation and alert enrichment/integration.
The individual will be required to:
- Lead and deliver infrastructure, application, business and user monitoring solutions for Service Delivery, Infrastructure and Business projects.
- Identify service improvements by engaging in the continuous improvement of existing solutions and processes.
- Lead, Plan and deliver new systems management technologies and initiatives.
- Technical mentoring of junior members of the team in areas of technical expertise.
- Provide out of hours support for systems and infrastructure.
Specific skills/knowledge required:
- Current technical skills in Unix, Linux (RedHat) and Microsoft Windows.
- Current skills in two or more of the following IBM Tivoli Monitoring and alerting products:
- IBM Tivoli Monitoring 6.x
- IBM ITCAM Components (Microsoft Applications, Transactions, Application Diagnostics)
- Netcool/Omnibus 7.x
- TBSM 6.x
- Knowledge of Scripting languages such as Shell, Python, Perl, Powershell, VBScript.
- Experience of integrating disparate monitoring tools under one platform.