Direct Marketing Data Specialist
Are you an experienced direct marketer with a track record of developing successful campaigns? Can you support our marketing teams by giving advice on best practice in customer segmentation, targeting, audience selection and effective testing to increase revenue from our marketing activities?
As the Direct Marketing Data Specialist, you will be responsible for overseeing the set up of direct marketing processes and manage all data related activities with our direct marketing agencies. You will recommend appropriate contact strategies, develop complex campaign selections and support our marketing teams in creating their own selections, ensuring that their activities deliver best results. As an audience gatekeeper, you will be the expert adviser for Marketing Officers who oversee the creative and copywriting in how to select the most appropriate and responsive audiences for their activities.
World Vision is the world’s largest international children’s charity, operating in close to 100 countries. We are the fourth largest international development charity in the UK.
To truly perform in this role, you are likely to:
- Have significant direct marketing experience with proven experience of delivering successful multi-channel marketing campaigns
- Have strong analytical skills, demonstrable proficiency in Microsoft Access and Excel. Knowledge of
- SAS and SQL is advantageous
- Have an in depth knowledge of customer segmentation, data insights and CRM systems, and the ability to use these tools hands on, to target activities appropriately
- Be a skilled communicator who builds the confidence and technical skills of the Marketing Officers and liaises with relevant internal teams
- Be a good project manager with proven responsibility for managing a number of activities simultaneously
- Have a passion for doing things differently, challenging the status quo and solving problems innovatively
- Have worked across a variety of marketing channels including direct mail and email, with experience of working alongside and negotiating with marketing agencies
- Have a passion for applying your professional skills to help the world’s most vulnerable children.
All applicants must be willing to work within a Christian framework and be sensitive to its various expressions across cultures and denominations.
This is a fantastic opportunity to take your marketing career to another level and where you can utilise your skills where they really matter. In addition to the salary shown, you will enjoy a good range of benefits including pension, health cover, subsidised gym membership, generous holiday entitlement and free parking.
If you have the skill set to fulfil this great position, please click apply now where you can see the full advert, the job description and where you can apply by using our short online application form.
Closing date: 16.02.14
We are an equal opportunities employer
No agencies please