Server Engineer (2nd and 3rd Line Technical Support)
Microsoft, Server Engineer, Customer Service, Technical Support, SQL, VMWare, Virtualisation, Exchange, Citrix, Hosting, Cloud
Are you passionate about technology, learning new things, able to deliver outstanding customer service, and are looking for an opportunity where you can be a big part of the success story, and make a real difference?
We are looking for great technical talent to join our growing team of engineers to assist at both 2nd and 3rd line level to our customers to provide technical problem solving, supporting the infrastructure and helping with project solution delivery.
The successful candidates will have server delivery experience, both physical and virtual, and will be able to learn a wide variety of technologies and have the opportunity to become a resident expert in a number of our core technology areas.
Ultimately, a 2nd or 3rd Line Server Engineer/Support position could develop into a Consultant position or a Team Leader/Management position within the Technical Service Delivery team, for the right person.
The roles are required to help us to achieve the following key results:
- Deliver clear concise communication both verbally and written explanations of problems and their resolution such that clients will understand in layman’s terms.
- Deliver technically complex solutions following project plans and assisting the technical delivery team where necessary to ensure customer solutions are delivered to time and budget. Assisting with planning and deployment of service improvement through proactive maintenance for both individual clients and at platform level.
- Ensure client retention and help the business to grow through excellent customer service and technical authority such that customers will be pleased to recommend our services.
- Play your part in achieving team KSI’s and KPI’s where required to ensure the team is successful in meeting team objectives.
- Solve complex problems as a key client support agent dealing with reactive tickets in the most effective and efficient way.
The roles would ideally suit candidates who are degree educated (though not essential) and have previous experience in a customer facing IT support role at 2nd line, looking to step up to 3rd line level and become a subject matter expert in some of the core technologies we support. Equally, the right candidate may already be at a 3rd line level, but regardless of level, a passion for technology and excellent problem solving ability is a must.
The successful candidates will be working with the following technologies and must therefore demonstrate a practical working knowledge of as many of these areas as possible:
- VMware and Virtualisation technologies
- Networking, including LAN/WAN architecture, Cisco, Routers and Firewalls, VPN, MPLS, VoIP
- Data centre infrastructure including enterprise storage solutions, EMC, SAN, NAS, Servers
- Microsoft Server 2003, 2008R2, 2012, Linux
- Microsoft applications including MS SQL, MS Exchange, IIS, AD, MSCS, RDS, Office
- Terminal Services environments and desktop virtualisation, Citrix XenApp
- Email and messaging platforms, MS Exchange
SecureVirtual designs, hosts and manages business critical environments for our clients, ensuring availability, performance and security via our own multi data-centre virtualised IaaS platform (sVi). Through our commitment to excellence and outstanding personal customer service, we build close relationships with our clients, and aim to be the most highly recommended provider of hosted IT services to the mid-market in the UK. We are based in Richmond-upon-Thames, SW London.
To ensure we have a great working environment we only employ people who share our core values and who genuinely care. Here at secureVirtual we all passionately care about our customers, our team, and that the quality of our work is 1st class. We are a friendly team with a strong academic background and a focus on results. We are enthusiastic and passionate and take pride in the excellence of our work.
If you are excited about this opportunity, and think you have what it takes to help us achieve the results above, then please tell us about yourself and complete our online application process by hitting Apply’, now.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE