IT Customer Support Engineer, Onsite School ICT, Leeds
A great opportunity for an experienced IT Customer Support Engineer to provide onsite IT support to schools as part of a large-scale managed service with one of the ‘UK’s Top IT Employers’*.
RM Education is the leading provider of ICT software & services to the Education sector and employs over 2000 staff. Working within RM’s BSF (‘Building Schools for the Future’) Programme, the Customer Support Engineer will be part of a core team delivering a full ICT Managed Service to a mix of newly constructed and existing schools. You’ll be predominately based at one school site (and at times you may be the sole engineer on site) but have the backing and support of a locally based team as well as technical experts based at our Head Office.
The IT Support Engineer will support a wide array of technology (MS Server 2003,08,12/XP/7, AD, Group policies, DNS, DHCP, VMware, Citrix, wireless, network Switches etc.), ensuring that service delivery targets/SLAs are achieved.
This is a varied IT support role in a very rewarding environment that also requires the building of strong relationships with the school staff. If you’re an IT Customer Support Engineer that is a great communicator with a proactive attitude, enjoy solving problems and ultimately get a real buzz out of going the extra mile for customers, then this is the role for you.
- IT support experience including MS Server 2003/XP/7, AD, Group policies, DNS, DHCP, network infrastructure, hardware repair (server 2008/2012, VMware, Citrix, CC4, Switches would be advantageous), ideally within a customer-oriented IT environment
- Strong problem solving abilities and excellent communication, customer handling and inter-personal skills
- Strong planning, organising and prioritising abilities. Target focused. Flexible to cope with change, be proactive and adapt quickly to a developing type of service delivery
- Prior school ICT support experience may be useful, but isn’t essential
Why you should consider this role
- Chance to work in one of the UK’s highest profile and prestigious school improvement initiatives for a leading employer (*awarded ‘Britain’s Top IT Employer’ in 2009, 2010 & 2012 and recognised in the general ‘Top Employer’ category in 2013)
- Work with a very broad and constantly evolving array of ICT
- Working within the education ICT sector is highly stimulating and hugely rewarding
- RM offers exceptional career development and advancement opportunities