Job Title: Business Analyst
The Business Analyst is a member of the requirements team and takes a lead in identifying, recommending, and documenting business and system process improvements within and across business divisions.
My client, who are one of the leading media publishing organisations are underpinning their success through a combination of global reach and a dynamic technology company that has the look, feel and culture of an innovative software start-up.
- Develop a solid understanding of selected processes, systems and data and their relationship to product strategy and change initiatives, either within or across business divisions, with a view identifying and making recommendations for business process or system improvements that are aligned to changing business needs.
- Collect, analyse and document business, functional and data requirements in a structured manner and involving necessary stakeholders, in order to define deliverables, use cases and test cases and to provide a strong business benefits case.
- Work with product vendors, implementation partners, and internal technology teams to ensure they deliver robust technical specifications and solutions that meet requirements.
- Play an integral role in the testing the solution to ensure it supports the new business processes.
- Produce supporting materials, help conduct training and support the business users during the system implementation, as necessary, in order to guarantee successful adoption/support of the project deliverables, new business processes and system functions.
- Work closely with the Service Delivery function to perform effective service design and service introduction and provide support to trouble shoot and manage the resolution of bugs and issues.
- Through project documentation, help to create and maintain a knowledge database for all systems.
- Support the business product owner, or when necessary, act as in that role, in order to ensure that all stakeholders’ needs are taken into account and correctly represented.
- Communicate with stakeholders, in an appropriate format, to ensure that they are provided with the required level of information for decision making, kept well informed of project progress (e.g. organizing demos) and given advance warning of any potential issues.
- Secure buy-in from business and technology stakeholders and maintain this throughout the project lifecycle, in order to allow projects to initiate and reach successful completion and adoption.
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge of analysis principles, practices and techniques including use cases, process flow diagrams, data definition/dictionaries and information architecture.
- Knowledge of project management principles, best practices and techniques.
- Sound self-organization and planning skills.
- Technical knowledge and familiarity with software development methodologies.
- Knowledge of organizational change management techniques.
- Strong written, oral communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Flexible, able to quickly switch gears and ‘keep multiple irons in the fire’.
- Proactive rather than reactive.
- Proven ability as a self-starter and results focused.
- Comfortable working in unstructured and fragmented organizations.
- A backgroundin UX interaction design would be very useful.
Good knowledge of some or all of:
- ERP, CRM and Finance systems or processes.
- Digital and Physical Supply Chain operations.
- Administrative systems.
- Web technologies, social business systems and collaboration platforms.
- Experience of working in Agile projects would be useful.
- Experience of the organisational complexities in a multi-national matrix organisation would be useful.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/JobSeeking/Business-Analyst_job58351790