We are looking for a systems engineer to join our existing team which will be part of the operational team with multi-disciplined skill sets.
MailOnline is one of the world’s biggest newspaper websites. Its editorial and commercial teams have picked up prizes at some of the most high-profile industry awards since its launch in 2004.
MailOnline is part of dmg media, a leading multi-channel consumer media company which is home to some of the UK’s most popular brands, including the Daily Mail, MailOnline, The Mail on Sunday, Metro, Wowcher, Jobsite and Jobrapido.
About the role
Our website is seeing over 150 million unique visitors a months and over 250 editorial and business staff located between offices in London, New York and Los Angeles.
We are looking for candidates who have a proven track record on providing hands on operational systems engineering and support in a digital online environment. The systems support team play a vital role on working with the in house development, design and application support teams to design, implement update and support the MailOnline technical infrastructure using a mixture of in house co-lo and cloud hosting environments to best achieve the current and future requirements of the digital business.
You will be responsible for:
- Ownership and support of core website infrastructure
- Ensuring designs and systems are configured
- Always automate where possible
- Proactive monitor, alerting, capacity planning and trending of infrastructure
- Create and always maintain documentation and diagrams
We are looking for proactive and enthusiastic individuals who have the ability to learn and adapt to new systems and technologies.
Essential Technical Experience
- Experience of supporting in a digital/web industry as a systems engineer
- Linux OS (RedHat/Ubuntu), Shell Scripting, Kickstart build automation
- Puppet or Chef automation
- Cloud experience – Joyent, AWS, Rackspace
- Monitoring and Instrumentation (Nagios, Graphite)
- Any programming exposure ideally with Perl or Ruby
- Networks skills – Good understanding and diagnostics
- Storage skills – NFS, iSCSI, NAS, SAN