Network / Firewall Engineer
Hours of Work: 35
Department: IT Support
Reporting To: Head of IT Support
The role exists to ensure that both our internal and external infrastructure is kept secure. The ideal person is diligent and aware of the events IT security landscape.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintenance of the firewall, IPS, and load balancer infrastructure.
- Work with other teams in the department to troubleshoot faults which may be linked to the security infrastructure.
- Liaise with our ISPs and third parties on faults.
- Keep abreast of new security technologies and recommend technologies which would help further secure our client data.
- Design of the security topology.
- Help to maintain our PCI-DSS compliance.
- Grade C or above in Maths & English GCSE (or equivalent)
- Educated to AS / A Level (or equivalent)
- CCNA qualified
- Excellent computer competency
- In depth knowledge of networking and security principles
- IDP/ IPS
- Juniper SSG, ISG, SRX, SA
- Good numerical skills.
- Highly organised.
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively manage own workload.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Ability to work and perform in a high pressurised environment.
- Reliable and trustworthy.
- Presentable, professional appearance.
- Degree educated
- IT based qualification
- Experience - F5 LTM / ASM / GTM
- Strong communicator (written and verbal).
- Ability to analyse and problem solve.
- Attributes - Patient, diligent and diplomatic.
- Pro-active, resourceful and able to use initiative.
- Willingness to learn, develop, and keep abreast of technological developments
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/JobSeeking/Network–Firewall-Engineer_job58371885