An exciting opportunity to become part of an innovative and internationally successful wireless design services company and to get involved in a wide range of challenging and rewarding design work.
Your principal role will be as one of a number of design engineers. You will take a team role in developing many system designs and very often take a lead responsibility in particular projects where your skills and experience are ideally suited.
The job will entail the following list of activities and responsibilities: Requirements analysis. Project work package estimation. Systems hardware design & specification. Hardware test design & specification.
To be successful in your position, you will possess an impressive hardware design portfolio and a comprehensive knowledge and experience in best-practice processes throughout the lifecycle of hardware and systems design.
Besides your technical prowess you will possess excellent personal management skills and whilst we have dedicated project managers, you will required to: Assist project managers in estimating design effort & risk. Set and achieve focussed objectives through excellent team-working.
Skills / Experience
We are looking for Hardware Design Engineers or Senior Hardware Design Engineers preferably with a track record in communications or multimedia product design. The candidate should have an up-to-the-minute knowledge of hardware development processes and technologies, and be able to take a stand-alone role in design, specification and implementation of PCB and FPGA solutions.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in hardware design with portfolio biased to communications and/or multimedia systems.
– Experience in multiple system architectures.
- Expert-level user of modern CAE tools.
– Proven track record in evaluating, assimilating and applying emerging technologies to satisfy customer requirements.
- Comprehensive familiarity with the complete product development process (idea to end of life).
– Expert in the hardware development lifecycle and design management environments.
– Avid learner with strong initiative and motivation.
– Excellent team player and communicator with good communication, documentation and interpersonal skills – used to working with customers at senior management level.
Non-essential/Ideal Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Intimate knowledge of COTS IC solutions for one more of the following technologies : – DECT, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Zigbee and UWB.
- Experienced in the design of complete wireless communication systems.
- Experience in DSP methods & design.
- Understanding of communication device/network technologies, protocols and standards.
- Signal Integrity design techniques and tools.
– Experience in design services or bespoke product development business
- Good product development process knowledge & expertise – familiarity with CMMI.
- PCB placement and layout experience.
Qualifications; A good science or engineering degree oriented to design is expected. Certtificates of completion of relevant training courses would be an advantage.
Competitive Salary and bonus scheme.
- Contributory Pension with matched contributions to 7%.
- Private Health.
- Subsidised sports club membership.
– Bike to Work scheme.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/JobSeeking/Hardware-Engineer_job58345367