Project Manager- eCommerce, Retail
eCommerce Project Manager required to join Salmon. The Project Manager will be expected to lead the delivery of bespoke development projects often in very challenging timescales.
Main responsibilities include:
- Customer facing - responsible for all communications and engagement with the customer
- Full Project Management responsibility from project initiation to effective implementation and sign-off
- Issues and Risks identification, mitigation and resolution
- Manage the Change Control Process from a Salmon perspective
- Regular reporting both internally and to the client.
- Production and maintenance of Project Plan and Budgets
- Leading the team by example, with a hands-on approach if and when necessary
- Initiation, development and delivery of continuous improvement opportunities
- Motivation of the team to achieve individual and team objectives
- Interaction with senior management and business stakeholders
- Building an understanding of each client’s business, organization and objectives.
- Setting and managing client expectations.
- Keeping up to date with emerging industry practices.
- Project Management experience (5 years +) including eCommerce project experience
- Full knowledge of the project life cycle and experience of various project development methodologies (including Waterfall, Incremental and Agile)
- Experience of managing people and financial budgets (including project budgeting, monitoring financials etc).
- Experience of working on his/her own initiative to an agreed action plan.
- Experience of overseeing 3rd parties.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong time management & organisational skills.
- High level of communication, interpersonal and presentation skills including experience of writing accurate and concise reports.
- Excellent negotiation skills and an ability to handle sensitive issues with tact and diplomacy.
- Good commercial knowledge, experience of contract negotiations would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of the following technologies would be advantageous; Java, J2EE, IBM WebSphere Commerce.
- Experience of pre-sales engagements and proposal writing would be advantageous
Founded 24 years ago, Salmon is a highly innovative eCommerce digital agency, with an ‘on-time, on-budget’ approach to the design, development, implementation and management of complex commerce based projects. Salmon’s services are increasingly embraced by the leading names in retail, wholesale and manufacturing. Customers like Argos, Halfords, Kiddicare, Morrisons and Selfridges continue to return to Salmon for its ability to build and integrate business-led systems that add measurable competitive value to eCommerce and multi channel operations and to their bottom line.
Salmon quickly understands the business vision, creates realistic project plans and efficiently delivers solutions to plan; based around a management process that removes risk from successful project roll-outs. Which is why Salmon, through its offices in the United Kingdom, Australia and China, is able to ensure projects finish on schedule and deliver all the competitive, operational and financial advantages expected of them.