ServiceNow is the industry-leading Enterprise IT Cloud company. Our cloud allows enterprise IT to bring together business strategy, application design and operations in a powerfully simple solution. We’re a fast-growing company and offer huge potential for the talented individuals who join our team.
Sitting in the center of our cloud, the Cloud Infrastructure team is building the infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) that is the basis for all services offered by ServiceNow to our enterprise IT customers. We are Laser-focused on building an innovative, scalable and feature-rich IaaS for enterprise IT.
We are building the cloud service that hundreds of companies such as CERN, Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Equinix, Harrods, Juniper Networks, Kimberly-Clark, REI, Sephora and Staples depend on everyday to accelerate their company forward.
We employ the brightest and most forward-thinking cloud infrastructure engineers on the planet. We have offices in Amsterdam, Kirkland, London, San Diego, San Francisco and Santa Clara and work as a distributed team.
Come join the Cloud Infrastructure team and make your mark building the industry-leading Enterprise IT Cloud!
As a Senior Systems Engineer you will work closely with fellow team members across the company. You will be responsible for operating the cloud infrastructure to the highest standards of reliability and availability, performing proactive system monitoring, repairing and recovering from hardware or software failures.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to help us lead the industry in designing and implementing our next generation cloud infrastructure.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in monitoring, systems administration, cloud infrastructure, hardware platforms, operating systems, virtualisation, application, databases, web and application Servers. Prior experience in systems administration, monitoring and managing a large-scale server infrastructure is highly desirable. Strong Linux expertise is a must. Candidate must have good communication skills and work well in a collaborative team environment. Other requirements:
- Knowledge of Linux Kernel, command line and systems diagnostics (RHCSA certification preferred, not required).
- Working knowledge of installing, implementing or maintaining one or more of the following technologies; LDAP/AD, SSO, Email Infrastructure, WebServices (SOAP, REST).
- Exposure to Apache/Tomcat, MySQL, Oracle, MongoDB, Cassandra and the LAMP stack; some experience with Java is a plus.
- Familiarity with networking technologies such as routing, switching and load balancing.
- Experience with systems and network performance and availability monitoring and analysis as well as configuration management platforms.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Experience dealing with technical end-users in a support role.
- Strong desire to learn new technologies.
Candidate must have good communication skills and work well in a collaborative team environment. A Computer Science degree is a highly desirable.
We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers. We work with some of the most innovative and advanced technologies in the business. The Cloud Infrastructure team is a very collaborative and inclusive team where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional, open yet relaxed work atmosphere.