Data Migration Manager – Integration Services
Capita ONE is part of the Capita Group, a FTSE 100 company. Capita ONE develops software that supports over 120 Local Authorities in England and Wales who require a single view of ‘a child’ to improve decision making, and enable early intervention and prevention.
The role is based in Bedford, but there will be a requirement for occasional travel to client sites in the UK and 3rd parties abroad. The ONE Solutions department has approx. 180 staff (including 90 offshore) split between Project Management, Development, Test, Business Analysis and Development Support.
Purpose of role:
As part of Integration Services, the Data Migration Manager will lead & motivate the technical team responsible for data migration from local authority Legacy children’s services & social care system(s) to the Capita ONE product suite. Through proactive engagement with internal stakeholders & 3rd parties, they will enhance the data migration methodology and manage the production of required Data Migration products/tools to the appropriate quality, timescales and cost.
The Team will be expected to deliver data analysis, mapping, modelling, transformation, cleansing and enrichment, as well as development and testing of data migration scripts.
The job holder will be responsible for delivering both managerial and technical expertise across all areas and will work closely with other IS teams and stakeholders to deliver all data migration specialist skills within specified projects. A strong background using ETL and other data analysis tools is vital, as is the ability to coordinate with analysts, specialist users and technical support.
Primary Duties and tasks:
* Develop the data migration methodology and conduct a comprehensive feasibility study
* Design and lead in the development/procurement/configuration of the data migration tool set
* Manage and realize the conversion of customer data from Legacy systems to Capita ONE product suite using a variety of methods such as SQL scripts, Oracle Packages and ETL tools.
* Overall responsibility for analysis, identification and resolution of data migration issues.
* Provide assessment and advice to customer project team regarding historical data & archiving
* Accurately research, collect and document the conversion processes.
* Ability to manipulate and interpret data (eg. Data quality issues and broader pattern recognition within data sets.)
* Be competent with using analytical tools
* Work with customer teams to map data schemas between existing Legacy systems and Capita ONE product suite, and resolve issues of missing or mismatched data.
* Advise customer teams on value of which data elements to convert.
* Advise customer teams on data accuracy/quality
* Recognize and respond by escalating conversion issues in a timely manner to allow for rapid resolution.
* Provide accurate and appropriate feedback to customer and Capita stakeholders within an appropriate timescale.
* Provide appropriate status and progress reporting to Capita management
* Any other ad-hoc duties as assigned
* Strong proven experience working on large scale data conversion/migration projects within a commercial environment (ideally in local government and/or children’s/social care based applications.)
* Data Migration, Data Cleansing & Data Quality Reporting
* Experience of leading a technical team
* A thorough understanding and experience with the entire data migration process, migrating large data to Oracle based systems; from analysis of existing data, cleansing, validation, translation tables, conversions and subsequent upload into the new platform.
* Extensive working knowledge of relational databases, datasets and data structures
* Experience with data manipulation and conversant with moderate to complex SQL query and PL/SQL procedure.
* Experience with ETL tools (SSIS, DFTK, Informatica etc.) and data integration across different platforms.
* Demonstrate strong analytical skills in identifying and resolving data exchange issues.
* Excellent understanding of logical data models.
* Children’s Services and Social Care systems knowledge, for example (CACI, Northgate, ONE).
* Strong intuitive and creative abilities with a strong customer focus.
* Excellent communication skills, oral, written and presentational with broad experience and evidence of each. Ability to present complex ideas to technical and non – technical audiences.
* Strong multi-tasking skills with extremely meticulous approach to migration projects
* Strong team player and ability to work well with others
* Willingness and ability to visit local authority sites and occasionally travel to India.
* Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment & off-site development organisations
* Determination and resilience when working with customers
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.